Last year Anthony did a great job of making a functional, if not pretty user interface. This year I am asking him to focus on producing a more informative interface and building it in a way that is understandable to the team and extensible.
The team would like to show a map on the phone display. To allow this to be build without requiring a functioning robot and full scale maze I am going to ask Anthony to port the maze simulator and build a UI for it in Android Studio.
I will encourage him to use MVC techniques to build the interface. This will allow him to apply the same interface to the robot code once it is ready. I am also asking him to at least review the material design techniques. I hope that if he follows some of the patterns he will find it easier to build the user interface and modify it as we move forward.
Maze Simulator Project
Getting Started with Material Design

No comments:
Post a Comment